You will start your journey to the most scenic village and a trekkers delight which is Sankri. Sankri is 187 km from Dehradun and will take around 7-8 hours to reach. Wondering when you will see snow? If you are lucky, Sankri might welcome you with some fresh snowfall in winter. You may explore the village if it’s not dark yet or you may just enjoy your cup of tea looking at those beautiful peaks and the beauty of Sankri. Overnight stay at a homestay.
Gear up for first day of the trek. Walk for a couple hundred meters towards the road that leads to Taluka, the route to Kedarkantha gets a diversion on the right near a water stream.
There is a steep climb involved as soon as you take right. The trail goes through the beautiful forest of oak, birch & deodar. The sound of some minor streams flowing through rocks will please your ears. It just takes around 3 hours to reach Juda ka Talab but when the trail is well laden with fresh snow it might take up to 4 hrs (in winters). Juda ka Talab is a beautiful lake surrounded with trees on one side and lush green elevated meadow on all the other sides. It is situated at an altitude of 2800 mts above sea level. The lake remains frozen during winters. At times the ice layer on the lake becomes so thick that you can even walk over the frozen Juda ka Talab.
Start trekking early from Kedarkantha Base Camp because it is The Summit Day. The climb is moderately steep and the views are rewarding. The trail pierces through the oak forest and opens up to a straight climb through northern ridge. In roughly three hours time you’ll reach Kedarkantha Summit from Kedarkantha Base Camp.
Today is a long & tiring day, but worth all the efforts. We will start early in the morning so that we can witness the sunrise from the ridge/top. We are climbing on steep slopes of the mountain, after reaching the summit we will spend quality time with the beautiful picturesque view from the top. The view from the top is surreal and the adrenaline rush will add to that blissful feeling. Then we return to the basecamp for lunch and from there we’ll descend for Hargaon Overnight stay at the campsite.
After your Breakfast. It’s time for you to start your journey back to Dehradun its a 7-8 hours drive from Sankri. You will be reaching to Dehradun in the evening.
- Accommodation – Stay is included from day 1 to day 4.
- Meals – All meals from dinner on day 1 to breakfast at Sankri on day 5 are included. We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High-quality tents, sleeping bags, etc. As required.
Things to carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Mosquito Repellent
- Flip Flops
- Flashlight With Extra Batteries
- Valid ID proof
- Personal medication (if any)
- Any meals during transfers or any meal not mentioned in inclusions.5% GST
- Backpack offloading charges – rs. 1,200 + 5% gst for the full trek. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. Suitcases/strollers/duffel bags will not be allowed.
- Please note that charges will vary for last minute offloading in case you decide to offload your bag after reaching sankri (rs.335 per day + 5% gst).
- Anything apart from inclusions
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 5% gst
- Any tips to porter, laundry charges, phone calls etc.
Limited Time Offer! Reserve Your Seats Today!
1.If cancellation is made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be
charged as cancellation fees.
2. If cancellation is made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will
be charged as cancellation fees.
3. In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be
cancelled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
However, no refund will be provided for the same.
4. If cancellation is made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100%of the total tour cost will
be charged as cancellation fees.
5. The refund will be processed within 10 working days.
October 9th, 16th, 23rd & 29th
November 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22nd 27th & 29th
December 4th, 6th, 13th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 23rd 26th, 28th & 31st
January 2nd, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th 20th, 22nd, 25th, 27th & 30th
February 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th 19th, 21st, 24th & 26th
March 1st, 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 16th 18th, 21st & 26th