Package / Itinerary
Leh, which lies at an altitude of more than 3500 metres above sea level, is the second-largest district in the country. In winters, as most passes leading to Leh are closed, you will be flown to the Leh airport which has the distinction of being the highest airport in the world.
As soon you land at the airport, you will be greeted by dry and cold air, but what will take all your attention is the lofty, snow-capped mountains all around; a sight that will remain with you forever. After completing the arrival formalities and picking up your bags from the baggage counter, take a taxi and proceed towards the pre-arranged hotel. Enjoy an overnight stay in the hotel.
Get up early in the morning and begin the process of acclimatization at high altitude. Proceed to walk towards Shanti Stupa, a sacred Buddhist stupa, from where you will get an opportunity to witness a beautiful view of the sunrise and a panoramic sight of the town of Leh. Stay hydrated as you spend your first day of the trek in Leh.
Getting a medical check-up at SNM hospital due to the challenging nature of this particular trek, the government has made it mandatory for participants to acquire medical certification before they undertake chadar trek. a clearance certificate upon a medical check-up will be issued by the sonam narbu hospital. one will get a certificate only when adequately fit and acclimatized for the trek.
Enjoy tea and breakfast in the morning and start your journey by driving to shingra koma. this ride is not for the faint-hearted as bumpy roads and hairpin bends are quite common on this route. the sight of the surrounding high mountains will give you a sense of awe. after a point, you will have to deboard from the vehicle and trek towards somo paldar campsite.
Your chadar trek expedition starts here.
Today, you will set out to trek to dib cave/tibb. during the day, you will behold the breathtaking beauty of the region including ravines and gorges. you might not see sunshine properly as the cliffs in this area obstruct them. once you reach dib, you will see a large cave. this is the place where you will halt for the night and rest. butter tea would be offered and we recommend you to try it. enjoy overnight stay at the campsite.
Today, you will trek the most scenic part of the region and get a chance to witness the largest frozen waterfall and prayer flags. the bridge built next to the site of the waterfall is used in summers to reach zanskar from leh. thereafter, you can proceed towards the village of naerak to mingle with the locals and understand their way of living. stay overnight at the village camp comfortably.
On this particular day, start your return trip and proceed towards tibb. the return trail would not be easy and the river quickly reacts to any change in the temperature. by now the frozen river might have taken an entirely new form. on the way back, admire the beauty of the region, click pictures and meet locals, who can be seen wearing traditional woollen gonchas (robes). upon dib cave, relax and stay overnight at the campsite.
In the morning, get ready to leave tibb and proceed towards shingra koma, crossing gyalpo. the trail today will give you a chance to witness high mountains and pugmarks of wild animals like snow leopards, ibex and foxes. if lucky, you just might spot a leopard; even if you do not, then at least be sure, you would be watched by them. In the evening, drive back to leh and stay overnight at the hotel.
Today, the mesmeric journey to one of the finest scenic destinations of india will ultimately come to an end. the entire experience, we are sure, would give you an unmatchable feeling of achievement and satisfaction. in the morning, check-out from the guesthouse and depart from the leh airport.
- Day 1 to Day 3: Hotel/Guest House Accommodation – so you can acclimatize on Triple Sharing.
- Day 4 to Day 7: Tented accommodation, Double or Triple sharing.
- Day 8: Room accommodation.
- Meals While On Trek (Veg.)
- Expert Mountaineering Guide
- Skilled Local Staff Who Has Ample Knowledge Of The Route5 Breakfast When In Leh On Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 And Day 9.
- First Aid Medical Kits And Oxygen Cylinder
- Qualified & Experienced Trek Leader, Guide And Support Staff To Help Trekkers.
- Skilled Local Staff Who Has Ample Knowledge Of The Route.
- Transport From Leh To Trekking Point On Day 4 And Trekking Point To Leh On Day 8.
- Vegetarian Meals On The Trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) Starting On Day 4.
- Pack Lunch To Day 8 Breakfast.
- Hot Water In Buckets Shall Be Provided twice a day on Request While Staying In Guest House In Leh.
- Stay In Alpine/Dome Tents On Double Sharing Basis On Day 4, Day 5, Day 6.
- And Day 7Common Kitchen/Dining/Toilet Tents Will Be Used During The TrekCooks/Helper And Other Requisite Staff.
- Porters For Carrying Common EquipmentsPorters For Carrying Common Equipments (Like Rations/Tents/Utensils/Groceries).
- Equipment – Tents Double sharing / Sleeping Bags / Sleeping MatsBasic First Aid Kit With A Portable Oxygen Cylinder.
- Facility Of Keeping Extra Luggage At Leh When Leaving For Trek.
- Gst @ 5%
- Personal Trekking Equipment – Like Gum Boots, Trekking Poles Or Sleeping Bag Liners.
- Personal Insurance Or Cost Of Emergency EvacuationPurchases Of Personal Natures (Like Mineral Water Bottles/Bottled Or Canned Beverages/Chocolates/Dry Fruits Etc).
- Permit/Wild Life Fee/Altoa Fee/InsuranceAirport Pick Up and DropAny other meals or transport which is not in inclusions. Personal Porters For Carrying Trekker’s Backpacks.
- Room Heaters At Guest House In Leh(We Suggest Not To Use The Room Heaters As The Same Dehydrate The Body And Your Body Won’t Get Acclimatize To Gear Up For The Chadar Trek)
- Cost Of Transport, Meals And Stay If In Case You Leave The Trek In Between And Return To Leh Before The Schedule Arrival On Day 8.
- There Is No Centralized Heating And Portable Heaters Provided.
- Heaters and electric Blankets
JANUARY- 6th, 7th,8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 28th & 31st
FEBRUARY- 3rd, 6th & 9th